Date(s) – 09/01/2016 & 10/01/2016
Time – 9am – 5.30pm
Hotel Quality Inn Sabari, 27, Thirumalai Pillai Road, T .Nagar, Chennai 600017
Who can benefit from this workshop?
TSTAs, PTSTAs, CTAs, Trainees who have been in training for 1 year.
All those who are looking to enhance their professional skills.
Case Study of Professional Practice
- construct clear, thorough pictures of the client and client system helping the practioner to diagnose, decide on referral, contract and treatment plan with clarity on key issues, needs and goals using appropriate theoretical frameworks. It also presents the interventions made, the processes involved and the prognosis.
- provide the practioner with an effective framework to present clients and themselves in supervision.
- can also be used in qualitative research in various professional settings
Case/Project Studies are useful for a novice or experienced practioner. It is also an essential part of the exam process. Unfortunately, this practical and essential tool is seen by some as a mystical creature involving a rigorous and laborious process which is best left till exam writing.
MLL 2016 hopes to demystify and tame this dragon in the minds of participants and make it a friendly ally in our continuous professional development. We invite trainees, at all levels, to bring
- written case/ project studies for discussion/supervision.
- your thoughts and questions too – nothing is too small or too big!
It will be helpful to read the section on case/project study in the Advanced Diploma Handbook.
- Plenary Lectures
- Small group activity
Multi-Level Training ((MLT) was born in 2001 to enhance the professional and ethical competencies of the TA community in South India. This annual event has grown over the years catering to specific felt needs of trainers and trainees. We soon realized that no two MLTs were the same and to reap maximum benefits, one had to come with an open mind, willing to contribute and receive from a semi-structured process driven learning context as opposed to traditional content driven training. This encouraged us to rename the event as Multi-Level Learning (MLL) in 2014.
Some possible outcomes
- Understanding the significance of case/project studies.
- How to write a case/ project study – what to include, what to leave out?
- What are the possible formats – how do I personalize it?
- How to include theory and demonstrate ethical thinking?
- How to choose a case/ project study for the exam?
Difference in the professional practice and presentation between the four fields of specialization.
Saru P K, TSTA(P)
Suriyaprakash C, TSTA(O)
Susan George, TSTA(P)
Christine Behrens, TSTA(E)
Mohanraj I A, CTA(O)
Raguraman K, CTA(O)
Alexandra Piotrowska, PTSTA(P)
Annie Cariapa, PTSTA(P)
Chitra Ravi, PTSTA(P)
Fusun Akkoyun, PTSTA(P)
Geethan A, PTSTA(P)
Ragini Rao, PTSTA(P)
Sailaja Manacha, PTSTA(P)
[box type=”shadow”]Download Registration Form[/box]